FPDF Printing Ideas?

Hello all,

I'm looking for some suggestions.

I'm writing a new application that generates PDF's on the fly with FPDF.
Basically I have a search page where you can search for customer records.

Once your search has returned the records you can then click on a link which
will send the record_id to the page that generates the PDF.

And while this brings up the PDF and I can click on the printer icon to
print the document, I want to be able to select multiple documents to print
at one time.

Example:

[ ] 12345
[ ] 12346
[ ] 12347
[ ] 12348
[ ] 12349
[ ] 12350

I want to select the first and last record to be printed, so I was thinking
I could od several things here.

Since the Output() of FPDF cannot be sent directly to a printer I was going

1) When someone clicks a checkbox, use the javascript onChange action to
generate and save the PDF in the background.  So, when someone clicks a
checkbox, the page that generates my PDF would run without the user seeing
it...this page would save the PDF to a folder on the server and once all
checked items are selected the user will simply click on a "Print Selection"
link which will point to a PHP page that just says to print *.pdf from that
folder.

2) Allow the user to check all the documents they want to print and then
when the "Print Selection" link is clicked, pass all of the checkbox values
via $_POST to a new page which will run a loop that generates, prints and
deletes the files.

Does anyone have any experience or any better ideas to accomplish a
selective multiple document print for documents that don't initially exist?

Thanks,
Dan