Re: custom php.ini

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 11:39, John P <jdp.168@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> In short, I'm trying to set my uploads_tmp_dir variable, as my hosting
> provider has it set ot the default NULL (I'm using dreamhost).

[snip!]

> any pointers?

    You won't be able to modify the upload_tmp_dir option, as it's
PHP_INI_SYSTEM.  However, you can modify some of the other options in
most cases.

    I'm not certain about their configuration, but does DreamHost have
AllowOverrides turned on in their httpd.conf?

    If so, just place a full php.ini file in your root web directory
(not just the line for uploads_tmp_dir, but an entire copy of the
file).  If their Apache and PHP configuration allows it, you'll be
able to change several of the settings in that file.  Those settings
that you can update will be PHP_INI_PERDIR[1] and higher.

    KEY
        1.) View the list in the appendix here:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/ini.php#ini.list

--