Re: Secure uploads tutorial

tedd wrote:
> I can't imagine evil code still working after someone resizes the file.

Yeah, but the uploaded OpenOffice Writer doc won't look too good either... :)

I prefer to move files to an off-line store, run them through a unix 'file'
command (with a mime-type magic file) to get the mime-type, use that to decide
whether or not to accept, and then serve them back to clients through a script.
As an optional step, on really paranoid systems, I run a virus scan over the
upload (with clamav, usually).
<troll>
I'm not exactly sure what all the fuss is about protecting IE users from
malicious code - if they care then they shouldn't be using IE, and if they don't
care they shouldn't be on the internet.
</troll>
Tim's efforts do seem to be a bit of overkill...

--
Peter Ford                              phone: 01580 893333
Developer                               fax:   01580 893399