Re: Re: header modify errors

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 11:37 AM, Jim Lucas <lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Jay Moore wrote:
> > Terion Miller wrote:
> >> I am working from home today and getting this error with my copy of my
> >> project:
> >> *Warning*: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
> >> (output started at
> >> C:\Inetpub\Xampp\htdocs\SNLeader\WOSystem\Welcome.php:31)
> >> in *C:\Inetpub\Xampp\htdocs\SNLeader\WOSystem\inc\dbconn_openTest.php*
> on
> >> line *3*
> >>
> >> *Warning*: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
> >> (output started at
> >> C:\Inetpub\Xampp\htdocs\SNLeader\WOSystem\Welcome.php:31)
> >> in *C:\Inetpub\Xampp\htdocs\SNLeader\WOSystem\inc\dbconn_openTest.php*
> on
> >> line *4*
> >> Could not connect to the database.
> >>
> >> I have set my php.ini file output_buffering to ON it was off (read in
> >> a past
> >> post that will fix this error--but it did not)
> >> I also set session.cache_limiter =  to nothing it was set to nocache....
> >>
> >> Any other things I'm missing?
> >> Thanks
> >> Terion
> >>

> > What's on/around line 31 in Welcome.php?

> Jay.  I agree with your thought process.  "Why not fix the warning instead
> of hiding it."
>
> But that isn't what the OP is asking for.
>
> I think the OP understands why it is giving this warning, but is looking
> for a way to not display the error.
>
> Sounds like his production environment is setup to where it does not
> display the warning.  So, he wants his newly installed test machine to match
> what
> the production is doing.
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong Terion.
>

> --
> Jim Lucas
>
>   "Some men are born to greatness, some achieve greatness,
>       and some have greatness thrust upon them."
>
> Twelfth Night, Act II, Scene V
>    by William Shakespeare
>
> --
>
> Well If there is a problem with the script and that is why its giving the
warning I would want to fix that, I just figured the php.ini file on the
live server at the office is different from the one i have on my home xampp
install and I am not allowed access to the php.ini on the server at work, I
just tried getting it to compare it to my own.  I have to go check to see
about the .htaccess file, I need to read up on these, like what is the
difference and if you have one do you need the other?  .htaccess is for
directory control yes? If that is the case there is none in the directory I
have this project in.

I just stopped and restarted my xampp and that didn't work either...should I
make a .htaccess file for this directory to over ride whatever setting is
preventing the headers from loading?
Thanks guys
Terion