Re: Foreign Keys Question

At 3:14 PM -0500 12/11/08, Andrew Ballard wrote:

That's the way to go. Just keep in mind that you will have to consider
ways of preventing overloading your courses due to concurrency,
whether you use table locks or devise your own mechanism. I don't know
if you are allowing students to self-enroll or not. You just don't
want two users to both see that a course has one opening left and both
try to take that spot at the same time.

Andrew

It's very low volume at the moment, so I don't think there will be an immediate problem.

However, I will investigate locking the tables for entry. But I don't think using transactions will be necessary.

Thanks again for all the help Andrew el al.

Cheers,

tedd
--
-------