RE: how to not show login info in the url ...what am I looking for?

IMHO...

Cracking: breaking encryption/obfuscation methods in order to gain unauthorized access to information. "I cracked the admin's password using a brute force algorithm."

Hacking: circumvent or leverage security flaws in order to gain unauthorized access to information. For example - "I hacked into the Gibson by re-routing their logon routine." (No, that doesn't make any sense. Maybe it's straight out of the movie "Hackers.")

I realize that people have been using "cracker" as a malicious form of "hacker," and that a "hacker" is not malicious; but that is stupid. Cracking started out dealing with cryptography in my experience, and that's how I will continue to identify it.

Think about it--people were "safe crackers" (discovering the combination to safety deposit boxes) before there were computers in existence.

My 2c,

// Todd