Re: MSSQL_CONNECT problem

> Is INTRA_SQL your instance name or database name?  If it is the instance
> name, is that instance setup to use 1433 as the port?  I know 1433 is
> the
> default port for MSSQL, but the majority of people change that.
>

> Correct - intra_sql is the instance, yes, it's using default port 1433
> (which is also specified in the php.ini file)....I've tried connecting
> with and without specifying the port - but both ways don't work....

Perhaps you have a different version of PHP than me...but nowhere in the
php.ini file have I had to put in a port number for a MSSQL Server.

That seems like a problem since PHP could need to connect to any number of
SQL Servers with any port number.

>From your PHP server, open a command prompt and ping your SQL server.  Try
pinging by IP address and by server name.  See if you get a response from
both.

NOTE: Are you running PHP and MSSQL Server on the same box?