Re: restrict fsockopen spam etc.

Andre Hübner schrieb:
Hello List,

in last times i recognize that some scripts/formmailer of customers get abused by spammers.
Some scripts avoid to use smtp-server and do smtp-dialog by its own using fsockopen etc.
Problem ist that if mails are sent by fsockopen directy to other servers they not occur in server-maillog.
Only way to find them is viewing accesslog, bit it is really hard to make relations between entries in accesslog
and spamreports from other servers.
My question is if there is a way to restrict fsockopen to use not port 25 or a kind of logging which makes entries if fsockopen is used.
This gets more and more to a problem for us but we do not want to disable fsockopen completely at the moment.
Is there a way to realize this?

Thanks,
Andre
Hallo Andre,
i dont know why you use sockets to send a mail but it is save to solve your problems with a algorithm and architecture. I think you can use a capcha to get the control again over your script.

Regards

Carlos