Stack Trace Length for Exceptions

I've been adding in exceptions at various points in the code so that I can
more easily track where things are breaking and through which code path, but
I just ran into a problem where it seems that the full stack trace isn't
showing up in the error_logs.  When I check out the logs, it only shows the
last three frames, but I'd like it go all the way up the stack.  Is the only
solution to use something like debug_backtrace() instead, or is there some
setting to change what gets printed to the error log?

Thanks!

Waynn