Re: Convert .docx /.pdf file to .txt

'Twas brillig, and Jagdeep Singh at 06/12/08 06:46 did gyre and gimble:
Hi!

I need a function to fetch text from docx file, but it is showing formated
characters in output. I was using fopen, fgets etc function .

I want to fetch text from .docx and save it to .txt file Without special
characters (Microsoft formated characters)

Is there any function or an example??

Nothing that I know of built in to PHP (although as docx is just XML AFAIK, you could just write an XSLT to extract the content).

You could also shell out to an application that would do it for you.

After about 5 seconds on google I found:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=235455

If it works or not I have no idea!

Col

--