Re: How to fetch .DOC or .DOCX file in php

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 10:35 PM, Jim Lucas <lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was going to say that I haven't yet decided on what the final output format is going to be.  Probably either rtf or OpenXML.
>
> How about I ask for suggestions on what would be the best format to store the final copy.
>
> I figured that this tool would mainly be used for .doc to web conversion, but I guess it could be used to also convert to other document formats too.
>
> But, I would like to have the ability to at least store the formating inline with the text.  So, either some form of xml.  Be it (x)HTML or plain XML
> or even OpenXML.
>
> A question to all then.  How would you like to see the text, with formating, stored?
>
> All suggestions welcome!
>
> --
> Jim Lucas

It's an excellent start. It pulled in some additional control
characters in some of the documents I tried, and some documents had
extra stuff at the end of the document. It was still text, but it
looked like the text from the page header/footer definitions. It would
be cool to see this polished and released. I just wish there was
something this basic that worked this well on PDF files! :-)

Andrew