Re: category and sub category traversal

VamVan wrote:
Hello,

I need some help in figuring out this logic.

I have two tables one for category and other for category_hierarchy.
category_hirerarchy has a column to determine the parent.

So the query I have to retrieve tree of one specific category is:

SELECT t.tid, t.*, parent FROM term_data t INNER JOIN term_hierarchy h ON
t.tid = h.tid WHERE t.vid = 16 ORDER BY weight, name;

The ones with parent = 0 is the top category

Now I need to prepare an associative array with parent child relation.

So bascially I need to retrieve [parentID] => array('childID', 'chidName')

Can anyone shed some light on the logic involved in preparation of this
array with out using multiple sql queries?

What are 'tid' and the other columns? We can't see your schema so unless you explain what columns you need to include, we can't help.

Not really a php question either.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/