Re: question about corrupt db?

Ashley Sheridan wrote:
On Mon, 2008-12-01 at 16:29 -0600, Terion Miller wrote:

        <micah@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

        > > > and
        > > it
        > > > has
        > > and
        > > > on

        > > > Have you checked the PHP error logs?
        > > >
        > > > Thank you,
        > > > Micah Gersten
        > > > onShore Networks
        > > > Internal Developer
        > > > http://www.onshore.com
        > > >
        > > >   I put this:
        > >

        > > > ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
        > > > ini_set('display_errors', true);
        > >
        > > in the top of the pages but no errors are showing....
        > > ------
        > >
        > > Then that answer would be no....
        > >
        > > You need to actually look at your error logs as if the
        server is set up
        > > right it won,'t allow ini bypasses.
        > >
        > > Wolf
        > >
        > I can't find any error logs, I've looked in the inetpub
        folder, the php
        > folder the IIS services admin ....
IIS has an option that lets you view the websites you have set
        up (I
        believe you can get to it from right-clicking My Computer and
        selecting
        Manage.) Select the site you are having problems with, and
        view the
        properties for it. One of the tabs (I forget which exactly)
        tells you
        where the error logs are for this site.
Ash
        www.ashleysheridan.co.uk
wow not there either, is it possible the person in this job before me
just removed the logs and the servers capability to log? like there is
no usr/bin/log file or anything like that (went to the apache site)
and in the IIS install I went thru everything and can't find a thing
about error logs...OMG pulling out my hair.
Well, /usr/bin/log is for Apache on Linux, so won't be of any use to you
with IIS on Windows!

Stupid question, but have you searched for all *.log files? As far as I
know, you can't stop the server logging, and I think IIS locks the logs
to prevent accidental deletion. Generally speaking, the logs will be
pretty large files (depending on how busy your website is) if that helps
you narrow down your search.

Ash
www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

just turn display errors on and set reporting to E_ALL ? save mucking around (although it is normally a good idea to know where you're log files are) :p