Re: PHP attaching css and JS files to current page

On Sun, 2008-11-30 at 15:08 +0100, Alain Roger wrote:

> > >         Can you not just write all of the CSS/Javascript that you need
> > >         right
> > >         from the get-go in the same place you're writing out your
> > >         Javascript
> > >         now?
> > >

> > I'm not sure I follow you then. You say you want your class to be able
> > to include those files, then you say that you don't want to.
> >
> > Have you considered having PHP check for the existence of the files
> > you're trying to include before outputting the HTML that includes them?
> >
> > Also, if you are outputting Javascript code that then uses a
> > createElement to include more code, how does the Javascript know it can
> > include the files if they don't exist for every installation?
> >

> so we for sure misunderstood eachother :-)
> let's say i have an index.php page in which i create an instance of my class
> CTable.
> to do that i need to include the CTable.php file into my index.php (till now
> no problem)
> for that : include_once 'Class/CTable.php';
>
> in the CTable.php file i have my class definition and implementation as
> following:
> class CTable
> {
>   blah blah...
> }
>
> my CTable class has a Render function which will write html code into the
> current index.php page.
> within this code should be written some javascript command as also some css
> classnames.
>
> till now no problem.
>
> the problem is that in this code (that write my class) into index.php there
> are some javascrip command and css classnames, which are linked to external
> (in the Class directory) files "CTable.js" and "CTable.css".
> those 2 files should be loaded by the class CTable itself...and this is what
> i do using echo and createElement.
> it works well but it is not clean from my point of view...that's why i was
> looking for another solution...more... let say "professional".
>
> A.
I still don't see the problem then with having some output that looks
like this:

print <<<EOS
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"
href="CTable.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="CTable.css"/>
EOS;

(there should be 4 lines of code there, but line-breaks crept in!)

Ash
www.ashleysheridan.co.uk