Re: RSE in Ganymede + General Dev Talk

Nathan Rixham schreef:
> Evening all,
>
> Just wondered if anybody else had tranfer problems using the ftp
> connector of the RSE plugin for eclipse ganymede, I keep getting a no
> transfer and the export from project dialog telling me to pick a remote
> folder (Even though I have).
>
> Not looking for a fix, just wondered if anybody else had troubles with it?
>
> On a brighter note (I'm waffling tonight) it did encourage me to stop
> being lazy and start writing deployment and rollback scripts for my svn
> repos again, so not all bad :)

my deployment/rollbacks are generally in the form:

cvs up -r FOOTAG

as for DB schemas, I stick to non-destructive additions which can be added before
hand and stay in place in case of a rollback.

not ideal, but it's simple enough that my colleagues understand it and can
tag and rollout new version even when Im not there to handhold ... not too mention
that there is hardly ever time or money to spend on something "as pointless"
(well you try explaining it to a relatively small client) deployment management
tools/scripts.

> ps: if anybody isn't updating live sites from scp like this and wants
> more info; just give me a shout - it's simple, 100x faster than ftp and
> a good practise

HI THERE. IM UP FOR LEARNING A NEW TRICK OR TOO.