Re: HTMLEntities as NUMERIC for XML

> I came across a similar problem using an AJAX thing, with MSWord
> characters in the text. The way round the problem was to enclose
> everything inside CDATA blocks, which made the browsers happy to
> receive as the entities only had to be understood by the HTML browser
> now, not the XML parser. As RSS is an XML format, maybe this would help
> you?

I suspect not.

The RSS+XML standard[1] seems to be quite finicky, and wrapping in CDATA block, from what I've read, will simply make some readers/aggregators decide to not carry the RSS feed at all.

I have no idea if "some" means "a handful" or "most" however.

But trying to maximize audience, I'm being conservative and using KISS principle until I know more.

[1]
Actually, it's 9 different incompatible standards, with no two published RSS standards being compatible:
http://diveintomark.org/archives/2004/02/04/incompatible-rss
I personally found this blog post "brilliant"
YMMV