Re: PostTrack Reminder

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 3:45 PM, Stut <stuttle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I didn't write it, but I'd say it receives the emails sent to the list as a
> subscriber just like you and I do, logs the statistics and sends a weekly
> report to the list indicating the most active users.

    Sorry, had to run away for a meeting quick.

    Yes, Stut is right.  It receives the emails via stdin, parses them
accordingly, and stores them in the database.  Then each week, on a
cron, the data is processed from the database and emailed back to the
list in summary form.  With version 2, it'll have graphic displays on
the web, too, as well as more statistics.

    Most likely in January 2009, once Richard and I have gotten a
chance to plug in the RGraph stuff and this version of the code has
had some polish, it'll go open source for whomever wants to use it.
There was a lot of interest with the original version, and some folks
are using it around the web, but there was a lot of room for
improvement, too.  Which is what this will do - and without looking
like spaghetti.  ;-P

    It's an extremely simple system, by all accounts.  Nothing that's
going to change the world.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
http://www.parasane.net/