Re: PostTrack Reminder

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 2:49 PM, Wolf <lonewolf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sure Dan, just pad your metrics with yet another post...  :)

    Much like you just did.  ;-P

> Have a good Thanksgiving as well!  Make sure to eat lots of turkey so you sleep through the list emails!

    I'll actually be working.

    These first few days for the system will be re-acquainting on it,
including the new code.  As you probably remember, there were some
issues with the original code, so everything was rewritten from
scratch.  One of the big things will be making sure it's sending the
special characters properly, as Eric (Butera) reminded me last week.
Zoltan Nemeth and Andres Robinet were among the folks whose names were
butchered a few times.  Oops.

    This will also not be reporting code byte counts until I've made
sure that it's working properly.  Thanks to people (*ahem!*) "helping"
me figure out that the filter wasn't working as it should have been,
I've reworked that part of the engine as well.

    And then, finally, once we have some usable data, I'm going to
enslave Richard Heyes to help me integrate his RGraph[1] stuff to show
that off a bit, too.  Neat.

    The only big thing is, I don't think I'll have the number one post
count anymore.  I have a ton of things going on, including for PHP
(coordinating with some of the mirror maintainers to get things in
order), so it's shaping up to be just as busy a winter as it was a
summer.

        1: http://www.rgraph.org/

--
</Daniel P. Brown>