Re: Open Project

Alex Chamberlain wrote:
Evening All,

I'm feeling the need to either start or contribute to something
opensource and in PHP.

Anybody have any worthy causes or projects they'd like to collab on
get off the ground; open to all options preference going to anything
framework, orm, webservice or basically anything without an html
front
end :)

Regards,

Nathan
Hi Nathan, I am about to launch my own framework called Fred the
Framework.
Designed to be easy going, it is suppose to be ready to use out of the
box,
with very little config and a usable user management system - unlike
Zend's
Auth and ACL. Except, I need someone to develop the Authentication part
of
it.

I've put it on Sourceforge the other day, but I've never developed
anything
like this before. I'm going to put up a sample app soonish - take a
look at
the svn if you want.

Alex

had a look through; it is early day's isn't it!
3 questions:
- what do you all want to have in the framework (rough feature set)
- why build it? / what do you want to offer that other's don't
- what version of php are you developing in and min support (ie 5.2+ or?)

cheers, nathan