Re: Re: Some kind of Popup

> One issue is I don't want to leave the space available on my regular web
> page and would like to try not to overwrite something there - I'd rather
> have a separate window of some sort that sort of floats over the web page.

Well, since Javascript does the Job anyways you don't have to load it
with the page when doing the div method.
You would only need this little addition to your css ..

.div_win {
position: absolute;
width: 400px;
top: 100px;
left: 10%;
visibility: hidden;
}

When user initializes the request by clicking a link

<script type='text/javascript'>
var div_window = document.createElement('div');
div_window.setAttribute('class', 'div_win');
div_window.className = 'div_win';
document.body.appendChild(div_window);
</script>

Then you do some AJAX or JSON or whatever and apply it to the div.
You can also move the div around doing it somehow like this ...
http://www.quirksmode.org/js/dragdrop.html

Still, opening up a new window might be the simple solution after all lol.