Re: gethostbyaddr and IPv6

2008/11/21 Glen Carreras <carrerasg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On 11/22/2008 12:10 AM, Lars Torben Wilson wrote:
>>
>> Hi Glen,
>>
>> Works for me. IPv6 support was added in 2001. You didn't say what
>> version of PHP you are having this problem with, so it's hard to say
>> why yours doesn't have support for it. Perhaps it was configured with
>> --disable-ipv6 for some reason, or compiled on a system without the
>> necessary libraries installed (which would be somewhat surprising).
>>

>> Torben
>>

> Thanks for the confirmation that it works Torben,
>
> This is version 5.2 (Windows binaries) and according to phpinfo ipv6 is
> enabled.
> Hmmm.... well, at least I now know for sure that it works for someone else
> and
> I can start exploring other avenues.  I'm starting to think this is another
> problem
> resulting from Microsofts poor implementation of IPv6 on XP.
>
> Glen

Hi Glen,

I suspect that you may be correct--I generally don't run Windows
(certainly not as a server) so I can't be sure; someone with more
knowledge of Windows internals will have to field that one for you.
With any luck you might find something in the user notes which leads
you to a way to solve your problem using some other function or idea.

Just for future reference, if you're having problems it will help
people to answer your questions if you specify your PHP version and OS
etc (where 'etc' means 'and all other relevant information, which of
course won't be obvious--hehe) when writing the original question. I
ain't tryin' to be some kind of netiquette freak here--just trying to
help out. :)

Anyway, good luck on your quest.

Regards,

Torben