Re: Invalid Arguements

2008/11/19 Robert Cummings <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Wed, 2008-11-19 at 19:49 +0000, Ashley Sheridan wrote:
>> On Wed, 2008-11-19 at 08:31 -0600, Terion Miller wrote:
>> > I am still getting the Invalid arguement error on this implode:
>> >
>> > if (isset($_POST['BannerSize'])){$BannerSize =
>> > implode(',',$_POST['BannerSize']);} else {$BannerSize = "";}
>> >
>> > I have moved the ',', from the beginning to the end of the statement and
>> > nothing works is there any other way to do this, basically there is a form
>> > and the people entering work orders can select different sized banners they
>> > need, which goes into the db as text ....so...argh...
>>
>> As mentioned quite a few times before, you cannot change the order of
>> the arguments, it will not work! There is no indicator in the PHP Manual
>> page for this function either that says you can switch the orders, so
>> I'm not sure why you think you can.
>
> In PHP 5.2.6 and in PHP 4.4.9 I get the same output for the following:
>
> <?php
>
>    $foo = array( 1, 2 );
>
>   echo implode( $foo, ',' )."\n";
>   echo implode( ',', $foo )."\n";
>
> ?>
>
> I believe, that a long time ago it was added as a feature so that PHP
> would detect inverted parameter order on this particular function and
> output appropriately.
>
> It is probably undocumented so as to encourage a single documented
> order.
>
> Cheers,
> Rob.
> --
> http://www.interjinn.com
> Application and Templating Framework for PHP

It was added a long time ago, yes, and it is indeed documented (as
already noted in this thread). I'm not sure which copy of the manual
Ash is reading from, but the one I'm looking at documents this
behaviour. And it's right there in the PHP source code (and easily
testable, as you have shown).

Torben