Re: Date Issue

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 6:02 PM, Ashley Sheridan
<ash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-11-17 at 16:57 -0600, Boyd, Todd M. wrote:

I suspect it was done because it allows people to work with arrays for
month names (including the options array that is part of the
Javascript objects that represent SELECT tags) without having to
subtract one from the index each time it gets used. In that sense, I
can see the reasoning of why months and days of the week work that way
(even though I think it's counter-intuitive and subtraction is a
pretty simple operation).

I don't understand why the day of the month or of the year would be
zero-based, though. It's almost like the function just takes the
number of seconds elapsed since the beginning of the year, divides by
86400 and truncates the result to a integer.

Andrew