Re: phpDesigner 2008?

Holografix wrote:
> Hi
> I tried PHPDesigner some time ago. It's not bad but now I'm using Netbeans
> and it's a good editor: http://www.netbeans.org/ (it's free!)
>
> Best regards,
> Holo
>

> ""Waynn Lue"" <waynnlue@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu na mensagem
>> I know the IDE wars spring up occasionally, but looking through the
>> archives, I haven't seen any discussions pro or con for phpDesigner 2008 (
>> http://www.mpsoftware.dk/phpdesigner.php).  Anyone had a chance to use it
>> and think it's good or not?
>>
>> I just installed PDT + Eclipse today, and I'm still getting used to the
>> integration.  I'm used to Eclipse + Java, so it somewhat throws me for a
>> loop in trying to figure out what works in what scope.  I do wish I could
>> have it do some kind of analysis of my files plus dependencies so any
>> problems could be discovered at compile time, rather than run time.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Waynn

+1 for Netbeans. I've been using Quanta+ and got frustrated trying to get
debugging to work. I've just got a development release of Netbeans 6.5 and the
PHP support is really quite good now (I wasn't impressed with the 6.1 version I
tried).
I've used various incarnations of Netbeans (since about 3.5) for Java, and I've
always liked it...

I do miss some of Quanta+'s neat quote, bracket and tag completion, though...

--
Peter Ford                              phone: 01580 893333
Developer                               fax:   01580 893399