PECL HTTP Extension

Since i'm not obtaining any kind of response from people o first answered
me. I guess is better to talk through here.
To my first message, Micah Gersten asked me if i've placed the extension
path on 'php.ini' my answer was yes, i've tried to do that but it still
wasn't loading the extension. Jochem Maas advised me to place the complete
path to the extension like this
'extension=/usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/http.so',
i've also tried it, again with no success.
In the last response, Thodoris told me to place in the php.ini the line
'extension_dir=".;/usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613;/usr/lib/php/modules"',
adding again the extension directive 'extension=http.so'. Well, seems like
there is no such path like '/usr/lib/php/modules', for the sound of it, the
closest match i get is '/usr/include/php/ext/' (path with the header files
of each extension) or '/usr/libexec/apache2' (path also with '.so' files
regarding apache modules). Either way, i've changed the unexisting path by
each one of these and again nothing happened. I don't know what else i can
do. Could somebody that has installed PECL extensions successfuly on Leopard
help me? I just need to know what i must do in the inicialization files (php
or apache) just like i was installing my first extension and having the fact
that there is the native Leopard 'php.ini.default' already in place.

Regards

Rui Quelhas