RE: PHP - Web/list Question...

At 4:08 PM -0800 11/9/08, bruce wrote:
hi tedd...

no offense... but how does this get me to where i was talking about going???
this is simply a demo of breaking a list up across multiple pages...

thanks

No offense taken.

I read:

I have a list that extends over multiple pages. there might be 200 items,
and i don't want to have the items listed on the same page as it would be
too long. i can break the list up, so i can have it be displayed over
multiple pages.

And I thought that you were asking for a way to do that.

However, now seeing what you actually asked, I would use a database to record each item the user picked and then when displaying the pages again, would check the dB first to see if the item should be noted as checked or not. I would tie it all together with a session.

If your user wants to check-out, then you have a record of all the items he selected during his visit and can show them on a single page.

This of course would require the user to post/get each page UNLESS you use ajax and write to the dB via a slave php script. That's not all that difficult to do.

In any event, those are the two ways I would consider.

Cheers,

tedd