Re: Secure redirection?

I might have not read your post thorougly,
but it's important to know, that Header sends a HTTP request to the browser - you are not hiding the destination URL.

So, calling header("location: in PHP is basically same as redirect using JS.

Martin

Zoran Bogdanov napsal(a):
Hi,

I'm building a login system with AJAX/PHP/MySQL.

I have worked everything out... AJAX is sending request to a php login script (login.php) who if authentication passes initializes the session and sends the header using header("Location : registered_user_area.php");

The whole system works great without AJAX, but when I put AJAX in the story I ahve one problem:

1.When the user is successfully authenticated the login.php sends the header, but the AJAX XMLHttpRequest call is still in progress waiting for a PHP response. So when PHP using the header function redirects to another page that page is outputed to the login form...

My PHP login snippet is:
if ($res_hash == $u_pass) {

    $logged_user = $sql_execution->last_query_result->user;

    $sql_execution->exec_query("DELETE FROM seeds",false);

    $sql_execution->db_disconnect();

    session_start();

    $_SESSION['user'] = $logged_user;

    $host = $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'];

    $url = rtrim(dirname($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), '/\\') . '/mpls/index.php';

header("Location: http://$host$url";); //--That page ($host$url) is outputed in the login form...

    exit();

}

else {

    $sql_execution->exec_query("DELETE FROM seeds WHERE id=$row->id",false);

    $sql_execution->db_disconnect();

echo 'BLS'; //--This is sent when the password/username is wrong

    exit();

}

???

Any help greatly appreciated