Re: object persistence within a session

Jochem,
So ... what I did was to experiment with the idea of creating a database
schema that would allow me to define a web page.  One row, one web page.
Contained navigation information (bar left, right, bottom, top, none),
title, pointer to the file containing the HTML document for the main page.
Then I created a web site that was driven by the database from start to
finish ... using HTML Frame tags.

Frame tags allow one to target a frame and change only that portion of the
of the "page" the user is seeing.  Frame implementations do not react well
to the browser back button.

Then I tried implementing the same thing using HTML Div tags and style
sheets.  Works OK but I couldn't keep the HTML document separate and whole
and I couldn't target an individual div and change only that portion.  The
browser back button didn't kill it, though.  A web search on "CSS frames"
will lead you to how to do this.

The class was just a learning exercise that I included in the CSSFrames
experiment.  I encapsulated the database and it's content in a class
definition, read the database once in the constructor and kept the contents
in an array.  Thus it needs to persist for the duration of the session ...
or the expense of reading the database gets paid mulitple times.  I did the
same thing in open code in the first implementation.  The class definition
does seem a more elegant solution.