Re: building an admin tree with varying node types

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 5:08 AM, Rene Veerman <rene7705@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thodoris wrote:
>>
>> How are your groups linked with your users? Does every user has a GroupId
>> in his record?
>>
>> Does this question has to do with building an html tree or it is about the
>> best database schema that helps to construct and retrieve a tree faster?
>>

> oh, and while searching i landed on a binary / modified-pre-ordered tree
> model, so i implemented that too.
> bit worried about moving node-items, but i should be able to figure out a
> partial-update method.
> holding my hands out for any examples/tutorials on how to do partial updates
> on a bin-tree when moving items..
>
> --

I cheat and just keep the normal parentId column and regenerate the
tree based on changes on that.  I had spent a little bit looking at
the different update/delete methods and there wasn't a lot of good
information/examples as you've stated.  I had found some but there
were always edge cases that busted them.