Re: two mysql installations php_mysql.dll extension and libmysql.dll question

Daniel Kolbo wrote:
Hello PHP community,

This question may be more for the MySQL community. If so, my apologies, please let me know.

I am using php v 5.2.6.

I have two versions of MySQL running on my server (windows xp home sp3).

MySQL v6 is running on localhost:3306
MySQL v5.0.41 is running on localhost:3307

I have two installations of phpmyadmin (latest version 3.0.1.1) to manage both of these (i am running a local apache 2.2 server on the same machine on port 8080). Let's call these two installations phpmy5admin and phpmy6admin.

I am able to login and create tables on both versions of mysql. Thus, i suspect the installation of both of these is okay.

When i view both phpmyadmin installations it gives me the correct corresponding mysql version number on the homepage.

However, the phpmy6admin gives me a warning saying:
"Your PHP MySQL library version 5.0.51a differs from your MySQL server version 6.0.7. This may cause unpredictable behavior."

When i copy the libmysql.dll from the mysql 6 installation directory into the php directory i get a pop up saying apache must shutdown when any php script invokes the mysql module.

my windows path variables have
C:\php;C:\Program Files\MySQL
in that order.

my mysql installations are at
C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0
C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 6.0

I do suspect the c:\php is being read first, as when i change the libmysql.dll in this folder, i experience different results.

I do not have any libmysql.dll files in my system path.

My question are:
1) Is there a libmysql.dll for version 6?  If so, where do i get it?
2) Does libmysql.dll for version 6 only function properly with an updated php_mysql.dll extension? If so, where do i get this updated extension? 3) If I get the correct library for version 6 working, will i then have issues running version 5?
4) Perhaps I can ignore the warning? (i don't like this option ;)

Thanks for helping me,
dK

I removed the mysql5 installation and I still get the warning when viewing the phpmysql6admin.
thanks,
dK