Re: phpbb forum & site login integratio

On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 00:31 +0100, Maciek Sokolewicz wrote:
> Richard Heyes wrote:
> >> Hi All I am looking to integrate phpbb forum with an existing site login system.
> >
> > Not having looked at it, you could look at using HTTP auth. Might make
> > things easier. Then again, it might not. [shrugs]
> >
> Ask on the phpbb forums, I don't know how they handle logins exactly
> anymore as I haven't done much forum-coding for a while now. This is a
> general mailinglist about the php language, not about very specific
> developed web-applications like phpbb, so most people won't be able to
> give you an answer without looking for it themselves. Go to the phpbb
> website and ask them how you would do that; I'm sure someone there will
> be able to help you better and faster than on this list.

PHPBB has come some ways I'm sure since 3 years ago... but 3 years ago
(or so) I did exactly what you're asking. It was simple enough... but
oooooooooooh what a mess :) If I recall correctly they had all the logic
interspersed within the actual login page. There was no way to create a
simple patch and play. That may be different now *shrug*.

Cheers,
Rob.
--
http://www.interjinn.com