Re: Change tracking

Mike Smith wrote:
Thanks Steven/Tony for your replies. I'll consider this a bit more before I
jump in. I appreciate different perspectives. And I'll have to digest Tony's
solution.

Thanks,
Mike Smith

If you're on mysql you can combine the whole lot and speed up your db by adding in spatial indexes and geo indexes.. very simple in principle, instead of an auto_inc primary key, just have a POINT(x,y) column where x is the id and y is a timestamp - you'll be suprised at the speed (i can easily get sub 0.005sec queries on tables with 60mill+ rows in them using spatial indexes like this, also allows you to easily pick out all rows modified in date range, or all with id between, or mix of both + more with no performance dent as it's always a spatial query on a single binary index.

just a suggestion, not ultra quick to get going but great once it is