Re: Mailing lists

Gang:

-snip-

International food fight.

You guys are a hoot.

It's interesting to see how your minds wander about (or aboot).

I used to have a theory that intelligence was inversely proportional to latitude. To prove my point, I would direct people to observe the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, where phrases like "Say ya to da UP, eh?" were common.

When confronted with an discerning opinion, I would add even more evidence by telling them to look further north where pronunciation of "about" and "a boot" merged -- and thus that would usually win my argument.

Now, that I am confronted with such a wide latitude (in both meanings) of diverse opinion, I must conclude that intelligence and ignorance are both amply distributed all over the globe irrespective of one's shortcomings in language skills -- thank God.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------