RE: How to launch a background task from a web page

hey tony...

in linux, using the "&" causes the process to run in the background.

do a quick search/test from google, and test using php, from the cmdline.

ie

php
<?
 time1
 a=`ls -al &`
 time2
 echo time2 - time1
?>

the above isn't correct, but you should get the idea...

once you've got the idea/process of running in the background down, you can
then check the same approach in the webapp...

have fun, and let us know how it goes..