Re: PHP XSLT caching

vladimirn wrote:
I have one simple question, actually i am interested in your point of view.
Is there any sense in caching xslt itself? If so, then why? If not, then
again why? :)
I think that there is no sense, and that xslt output should be cached.
What do you think?

From your original context it wasn't clear whether you wanted to cache the dom document *object* that represents the xslt or the output of the transfer after it is applied.

As I explained, (and I think I'm still correct in this), storing the object would be kinda pointless as it would have to be serialized to string form and then re-parsed on wakeup. Doing this rather than reloading from disk again, will save a minor amount of IO and thus time, but the saving will be minimal.

So IMO caching the xslt is not worth the effort. Cache the output of the transform and load the xslt only when needed.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie