Re: Dynamically creating multi-array field

At 12:33 AM -0700 10/27/08, Lars Torben Wilson wrote:
2008/10/27 Martin Zvarík <mzvarik@xxxxxxxxx>:

 Hi, I am aware of this, but explaining my problem in this case would take me
 an hour --- and eventually would lead to a) misunderstanding, b) weird
 solution, c) no solution...

Forgive me if I misunderstand, but it seems like you are willing to
trade off an hour at the beginning of the project at the expense of
perhaps many hours of pain later on. Has this thread not already taken
more than an hour?

I find that often if I have a weird question, just taking the time to
formulate and write a good descriptive post to explain the problem
helps me understand why I'm going at it the wrong way to start with.

I remember years ago being faced with the same problem you now have.
It turned out that the most elegant solution was to change the design
so that I didn't need to solve the problem at all.

Torben

I agree with Torben.

Quite often when I formulate a question for this group, the answer appears before I send the question. One needs to fully understand the problem themselves and preparing the right question helps in finding a solution.

Of course, you can do like so many others do and just don't worry about it -- expose your ignorance to the group and hope for some magical code. Despite my own advice, I've done that several times. That works too, but has it's downside.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------