Re: Replacing with f*ck and f*cking

My question is this, for just two words its fine to use the above, but a pal tells me that if using a lot of words (eg: 15) and the $comment is big then it can take quite some time and be a bit of a processing strain as well because php first checks the first word from the good list against all the 15 words in the bad list against the comment then moves to the second word etc.

You should do the filtering on save, not on display, this way the processing time will drop by order of few magnitudes in comparison.

Always save the original post content as well, in case you want to tweak the filter and reprocess the messages.

Regards, Stan Vassilev