RE: Half way

If it's blogging software he wrote, that doesn't necessarily mean that
it's blogging software he uses exclusively. :) Perhaps he is
distributing this to a user base, or hosting the solution for users on a
web server of his own. If this is the case, then allowing the user (who
will receive no compensation for these ads, I might add--no pun
intended) to decide where the advertisement will go--or if it will go in
at all!--might be counterproductive.

Maybe I misunderstood.

Todd Boyd
Web Programmer