Mysql search

Hey all,
I have two columns in my DB
title varchar(254)
 and
jtext text

which I would like to search, as the user might enter two or more words I am opting not to use LIKE %search_term% so started searching google, I came across this very promising class:
http://code.activestate.com/recipes/125901/

but when i tried to run it I am just getting a blank page, no errors or anything.

Am hoping someone out there can recommend a better script or maybe share some of your own code?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan

 ------
- The faulty interface lies between the chair and the keyboard.
- Creativity is great, but plagiarism is faster!
- Smile, everyone loves a moron. :-)