Re: display_errors in DEV

ceo@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Until recently, I've thought that display_errors in DEV was "good"

But as soon as you move into Ajax Web 2.0 world, it really doesn't cut it.

You'll never see the E_NOTICE and E_WARNING errors for Ajax, probably, and the whole thing might "just work" but you'll have plenty of buggy code.

I think it's time for the PHP team to recommend log_errors across the board.

What do you think?

You can also write a custom errorhandler which writes to a log file or to the syslog. I use a custom errorhandling class which registers itself and sends all errors (even fatals) there. Thsi way you can have easy and quick access to errors but not the hassle of disruptive output.