Re: Securing AJAX requests with PHP?

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 7:14 PM, Yeti <yeti@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >but whose counting :-))
>
> Someone is for sure. Maybe the scheduler?
>
> --

Security is a mindset and if your data is not that important, sessions and
some quick authentication checks are fine. If you're like me and the
application is used by large international retailers and your data included
PII (personal identity information) and PCI (credit card) then is far more
important and needs to be handled appropriately.

If it eats up more CPU cycles to better validate the user and their
application authentication, so be it. In my case, its better to be safe than
sorry. Those mistakes could get very expensive
--

Bastien

Cat, the other other white meat