Re: PHP Dev Facts

On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 00:14 +0100, Nathan Rixham wrote:
> Evening All,
>
> I'd be /really/ interested to know who uses what!
>
> *Procedural or OOP?*

Primarily OOP, occasionally procedural for some one off quick access
functions. InterJinn will also generate "anonymous" procedural code.

> *Dev OS*

Ubuntu Hardy-- I usually upgrade a couple of months after a new release
comes out and has had a chance to stabilize. Almost everytime I get
caught with some gotcha for my system :)

> *Dev PHP Version*

5.2.6 with occasional reversion to 4.4.9. Sometimes I also download
nightly snapshot.

> *Live Server OS*

Debian Sarge/Etch/Lenny
CentOS 4/5
RHEL3
RH 7.3 (valhalla)
Solaris

> *Live Server PHP Version*

I can't remember them all. Some are strictly based on the distro release
cycle. Some are custom compiled and so usually are the latest version.

> *Which HTTP Server Software (+version)?*

Apache 1.3
Apache 2
Zeus

> *IDE / Dev Environment*

Several rxvt-unicode terminal windows. JOE for my editor. Opera browser
for primary visual testing. Firefox for stickier testing (Firebug).
Windows via vmware for final cross-browser checks in IE.

> *Preferred Framework(s)?*

Need i say? :)

> *Do you Unit Test?*

No. Clients don't pay me to unit test. I'm not against it, but it hasn't
been an issue for them yet.

> *Most Used Internal PHP Class*

I don't use any internal classes on a regular basis. I think I've only
ever used one... tidy.

> *Preferred OS CMS*

No preference. I'm comfortable in a wide range and quickly pick up on
new codebases when necessary.

> *Anything else you use frequently in you're PHP'ing that's worth
> mentioning:*

Accelerator... I use eAccelerator.

Cheers,
Rob.