searching by tags....

Hey,

this the first time I am actually working with "tags" but it seems quite popular and am adding it on a clients requests.

By tags I mean something like wordpress' implementation of it, for example when an author writes an article on babies the tags might be
baby,babies, new borns, cribs, nappies

or a picture of a baby can have the tags

baby,babies, new born, cute kid, nappies

the tags are comma separated above of course.

The way i am doing it right now is i have sayyyy an article or a pic saved in the db as
article_or_pic_address text
the_tags varchar(240)

My question is, when someone clicks on any one of the tags, do i do a  LIKE %search_term% search or...???

quite a few sites seem to have a very neat way of implementing this with (url rewriting?) something like http://sitename/blog/tags/tag-comes-here/

Any help in the form of advise, code or links would be appreciated.

TIA.

Cheers!
Ryan
------
- The faulty interface lies between the chair and the keyboard.
- Creativity is great, but plagiarism is faster!
- Smile, everyone loves a moron. :-)