Re: Re: Problem with memory management

Eric Butera wrote:
On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 1:58 PM, Alan Boudreault
<aboudreault@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Richard Heyes wrote:
Problem with memory management

I sure know that feeling... :-/

So, there is no other choice that waiting a new PHP release ?

--
Alan Boudreault
Mapgears

Are you actually having a real problem here other than just looking at
the memory usage function?  Or are you just trying to get an idea for
how much power this app is going to need?  Perhaps maybe you can do
some pre-generation of the heavier parts of this app before it is used
in a front-end script.
I don't have a REAL PROBLEM. We made an extension for PHP for web mapping that uses GIS data. GIS data can be large sometime and some scripts can easily use a lot of memory for big data process. (We don't control how our clients use our extension) So... i don't have a real problem at the moment... but not beeing able to free the memory when we need/want it is obviously a problem. I was just trying to understand this behavior.

Thanks
Alan

--
Alan Boudreault