Re: Login

On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 16:33 -0400, Wolf wrote:
> <!-- SNIP -->
> > Redirects make sense IMO. IIRC the Yahoo guidelines say not to
> > redirect after a form POST, but unless you have a ka-jillion page
> > views a second (or, "a lot"), then I don't think it's a concern.
>
> Wait, Yahell has guidelines?!?!?
>
> You always have to look at the User Experience.  You don't want to annoy or p!ss off your users or they will find a site like yours that doesn't p!ss them off.  If it makes sense to re-direct the user after a successful login, then go ahead and do it.
>
> Of course, I don't care if I p!ss off someone who is trying to run malicious code on my site or find a hidden piece.  Then a redirect to ratemypoo seems like a good idea to me!
>
> Wolf

The only redirects that have p!ssed me off before are those ones that
big sites put in to make room for their adverts. On more than one
occassion I've decided to look elsewhere for whatever it was I was
looking for, although it tends only to be game and (legal) download
sites that do this.

Ash
www.ashleysheridan.co.uk