Re: script hangs on curl_exec

Robert Cummings wrote:
On Wed, 2008-10-01 at 17:31 +0200, Rene Veerman wrote:
I have a script that uses curl to call a worker function on another server.
For small workloads, it works just fine.

But when my script processes a large zip-file and updates some status files, curl_exec never returns the result data even though the called script does send it.

I would guess that the receiving script is having trouble. Perhaps it
isn't configured to receive a large amount of data? Or not enough
memory? Or exceeds runtime for script? Check of any of the following
php.ini settings are causing you grief for the receiving script.

max_execution_time = 30
memory_limit = 32M
upload_max_filesize = 5000000
post_max_size       = 5000000

Cheers,
Rob.

thx rob, but i dont think that's it. the scripts never deal with large amounts of data directly, they just exec() unix zip binary and wait for those results. the data sent between scripts is actually just the status messages.

i've been able to get my operation to work by instituting a 3 minute timeout and automated retry.
but it's far from ideal.