Re: Re: Questions regarding limits of processes launched by system, exec,passthru ...

Hello all again,

It seems that Problem can only be solved by one of the following ways:

1. Don't use mod_php; use CGI or FastCGI instead. Then it would be
   possible to limit the resources via RLimitCPU / RLimitMEM.

I haven't tried that but as I have noticed in the reference that probably mod_php's processes get limited too:

This applies to processes forked off from Apache children servicing requests, not the Apache children themselves. This includes CGI scripts and SSI exec commands, but not any processes forked off from the Apache parent such as piped logs.

It says that it includes CGI but it doesn't exclude necessarily mod_php. Does it ?

2. Use one of the following apache core patch
    http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/openbsd/2005-12/1436.html
   or the following apache module:
    http://www.ucc.asn.au/~dagobah/things/mod_rlimit.c
   (Unfortunately only for apache 1.3)