Re: $this->value VS $value

uaca man schreef:
Hello to all my fellow members of the PHP community.

As a personal rule i always use $this in front of class members, but i
always knew from others programing languages and i guess I just
thought it was same in PHP that without $this keyword it should work
just the same, however in the code bellow it is clear that $value is
not the same as $this->value. This test was done in PHP5.

Anyone care to elucidate if this is correct?

yes. because there is no such thing as class scope. you have global scope
and you have function scope ... that's it. so when your in a method
and you want to use a property of the object you need to specify exactly
that (using $this->foo or MyClass::$foo for static properties).

Tks,
Ângelo

class test
{
    private $value;

    public function    __construct()
    {
        $this->value = "test";
        echo "Not using this:" . $value  . "<br>";
        echo "Using this:" . $this->value . "<br>";
    }
}
new test();

?>