Re: Security warning

At 8:49 PM +0100 9/22/08, Ashley Sheridan wrote:
On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 14:48 -0400, tedd wrote:

 > I suspect that the purpose of this warning is to alert the user when
 they are taken from a https directory to a http directory.

 Now my question is "Can I turn off that security warning?" or find a
 > way around it?

I think that warning is built into the browsers that recognise you are
moving from to a non-secure version of the same domain. If you give your
users some kind of hint that this may happen it should alleviate their
fears.

Ash:

That's what I suspected and told the client -- however, the client seems to think there should be a way to turn that off.

I told the client that it was a browser thing to help protect users and stop evil-programmers from taking the user from a secured site to an unsecured site without telling the user. But, I just wanted to have my understanding confirmed.

Thanks,

tedd

--
-------