Re: Re: geolocation

At 9:56 AM +0200 9/21/08, Per Jessen wrote:
Michelle Konzack wrote:

 Am 2008-09-02 15:05:05, schrieb clive:
 Hi,

 Have any developed a site that determines a users location based on
 IP address, Im not looking for accurate locations, just what country
 they are coming from.

 I know I could possible get a list of IP blocks allocated to
 countries or make use of some web server to get the information, I
 just want to know how others are doing this?

 <hüstel>...  This does not work for my (136) Servers and Dial-Up, DSL,
 Wifi-APs since I have 64 blocks of 256 IPs which I use  between  Iran,
 Turkey, Germany, france, Morocco, Algeria and other countries...
 Same for Compuserve or ALOL.

So we have a few exceptions to prove the rule. Good.

/Per Jessen, Zürich

I used to have a demo of that, but my server crashed and with it went the database.

It was one of those stupid things of having everything backed up but the database.

Too bad, I had it running for a couple of years gathering "correct" or "not correct" input from visitors.

Just another of my lame attempts to do something of worth.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------